On May 26 I’m going to the Nexus Conference. Here’s some good reasons why you should too…
What is Nexus?
Nexus is an evangelical ministry conference, based in Sydney but available worldwide through a live webcast. Our aim is to bring together trainees, theology students, teachers and pastors to sharpen one another theologically, to share ideas and encouragement in ministry and to build a partnership of fellow-workers in the task our Lord has given us.
At Nexus, our vision is to have a ministry conference:
- where we are stretched and stimulated biblically and theologically;
- where we sharpen and help each other to translate good theology into everyday ministry practice;
- where we are encouraged and emboldened by the teaching of the Bible and the fellowship of brothers and sisters;
- where trainees, theological students and new graduates can rub shoulders with longer-serving pastors;
- where we aim to keep real life and ministry at the fore and resist the temptations of celebrity-culture and pure pragmatism;
- where the logistics are convenient and inexpensive.
Key features of the program
A high value one-day conference that maximizes our time together;
an integrated program of Bible, theology, current issues and practical ministry;
theologically sharp speakers and contributors who know first-hand the challenges of ministry in Sydney and Australia;
time for catching up and making new friends;
time for lunch with other delegates at a wide range of local eateries;
a sit-down dinner with all the other delegates.